Flag Cruising Antifouling Paint 2.5 Litres
Choose your productPlease use the drop down menus to view all the colour & size options available
Flag Paints Cruising Antifouling (Bottom Paint) is a self eroding antifouling suitable for craft up to 8 knots in low fouling areas, fresh water or bilge keelers on drying moorings. It is free of booster biocides to minimise the environmental impact.
This product is self-priming when topping up existing (similar copper based) antifoulings otherwise Flag Multi Purpose Metallic Primer is required. It is a two coat application with an extra coat recommended for around the waterline and the leading and trailing edges.
Area of use:
GRP, wood, steel and ferro cement. Nb. Not suitable for aluminium or galvanised surfaces
*Please note the colours shown are only intended as an approximate guide, colours will vary in appearance depending on the screen or printer being used. Due to the active ingredients used the coatings might appear darker than expected but will lighten slightly on immersion.
Approximately 10m² per litre
- Preparation is extremely important
- Antifoulings change colour after immersion, generally turning a little lighter after 2 weeks as the copper activates and begins to oxidise.
- Do NOT use copper based antifoulings on aluminium or galvanised metals.
- Iron keels should be ground and brushed until bright, any rust should be treated with Omnicote and then primed with Flag Multi Purpose Metallic Primer.
For more information please see the product information sheet and MSDS. All orders are sent out with a detailed product information sheet.
Application Tips When Using Flag Anti Fouling:
- Always wear recommended PPE when using and applying Anti Fouling
- Store antifouling at room temperature for at least 24 hours before use
- Read and understand the instructions and labelling before use
- Follow health and safety guidelines at all times
- Only apply in a safe and secure location
- Do not dry sand
- Carefully scrub the waterline thoroughly before application
- Always protect external fittings
- Take care to dispose of waste carefully, following guidelines
- Wash off spills asap using soap & water or appropiate wipes, do not use solvent to clean skin
Please note that due to significant increases in raw materials there has been a large price increase for Flag Cruising Antifouling and most other antifouling products in 2022, as we sell remaining 2021 stock the price will increase which is why some colours are more expensive than others.