Flag Paint's Yacht Varnish is based on premium quality resins to give a tough and flexible finish. Not only is it suitable for marine applications but it is also ideal for external applications such as doors, window frames, furniture, floors or anywhere else where a tough and flexible gloss finish varnish is required. The varnish has good weathering and UV resistance with excellent coverage but is not suitable for applications below the waterline.
Key Product Features:
- UV Resistant
- High Quality Tough Finish
- Extremely Durable and Flexible
- Available in Satin and Gloss
- Resistant to Cracking, Peeling and Blistering
- Long Lasting Protection
Area of use:
Interior or Exterior
Satin or Gloss
Tin Sizes: 1 Litre and 2.5 litre
- Colour: Clear
- Finish: Gloss
- Volume Solids: 42%
- Theoretical Coverage: 12 - 14 m² per litre
- Dry to Touch: 1 - 2 hours (20°C)
- Over-coating Time: 16 - 72 hours
- Thinner: White Spirit
- Cleaning of Tools: White Spirit
- Application Temperature: 5°C - 35°C (take care particularly on sunny days that the substrate isn't over 35°C)
The coverage for Yacht Varnish will depend on the nature of the substrate and the dry film thickness, so expect a coverage of approximately 10 - 12m² per litre per coat.
Surface Application: When applying Flag's Yacht Varnish the surface should be stable, firm, dry and free of dust, sand, loose or flaking paint, grease or oil. Although the varnish will be dry to the touch after 1-2 hours the minimum overcoating time is 16 hours. When applying to bare wood we recommend diluting the first coat by 10% with white spirit, two coats are recommended although a single coat will be sufficient for refreshing an existing coating. Please make sure the tin is well stirred before use, failure to do so will affect the finish and longevity of the product.