Osmo Polyx Oil Tints 3040│3067│3071│3072│3073│3074│3075
Choose your productPlease use the drop down menus to view all the colour & size options available
Not sure how much you need? Try out our Coverage Calculatorarrow_drop_down arrow_drop_up
We recommend 2 coats for new applications, with Polyx tints the second coat can be a standard clear Polyx Oil if desired. Please note that coverage can vary depending on the wood and its condition.
Polyx - Oil Tints have all the same renowned properties as the standard Polyx Oil but are designed to give a transparent coloured satin wood finish designed to give a consistent and harmonious finish for for wooden floors and furniture. It is only recommended for use with light coloured wood. It is strongly recommended that a test is done before the main application as the final finish can be greatly effected by the age and condition of the wood.
- Transparent and satin finish for interior use
- Especially recommended for wood flooring and furniture
- Water repellent, dirt resistant and durable
- Available in 5ml sachets, 125ml, 750ml & 2.5 litre tins
- 1 litre will cover approximately 24 square metres with a single coat
- Standard flooring application requires 1 coat and when fully dried a single coat of clear Polyx oil over the top. Different finishes can be achieved, please see the full instructions for more details.
- Easy application with no need for a primer or sanding between coats
- Microporous so does not crack, flake, peel or blister
- Typical shelf life of 5 years.
- 3040 - White
- 3067 - Light Grey
- 3071 - Honey
- 3072 - Amber
- 3073 - Terra
- 3074 - Graphite
- 3075 - Black
5ml test sachets, 125ml test/small application pots, 750ml, 2.5 litres
- Always stir well before use, sing a flat stirring stick or spatula
- Always carry out a small test on an inconspicuous area before making the main application as the final appearance will be as much down to the timber its being applied to as the product being used.
- Surfaces can take 2-3 weeks to fully cure so avoid putting objects on treated surfaces until fully cured.
- Do not use a clear Polyx oil over 3040 white as it will cause yellowing.
- If a wider range of colours are required please see the range of Wood Wax finishes in both transparent and intensive.
- When using in most areas such as bathrooms and kitchens a base coat of 4006 Wood Protector is recommended. This may darken the wood slightly so a test area should always be done first.
- Never use multi use kitchen or bathroom cleaners or any other strong detergent such as washing up liquid as they will damage the surface. For the cleaning of surfaces we recommend Osmo interior spray cleaner 8026 or Osmo Wash and Care.
- The matting agents in 3062 Matt may cause a chalky appearance when applied over dark tints so always do a test first and if in doubt use 3065 semi matt.
- For a lightly stained effect wipe away the product along the grain with a lint free cloth within 20 minutes of application.
- Coverage is approximately 30m² per litre with a single coat
- Generally it is recommended to only apply a single coat followed by a coat of clear Osmo Polyx Oil.
- Interior use only
- Minimum application temperature is 5°C
- The drying time is approximately 24 hours with good ventilation at normal room temperatures.
- Allow 2 - 3 weeks to fully cure.
Please note that the colours shown are only intended as a guide to the final colour achievable. The colour will be displayed diferently on different monitors and printers and the effect achieved with the product will depend on the type of wood, porosity etc.
Area of Use - Interior only.
Whats the difference between Osmo 3040 White and Osmo 3044 Raw?
Osmo 3044 only contains 1.25% white pigment which when applied thinly is almost undetectable when applied to pale wood. Osmo 3040 contains 4% white pigment and gives an obviously white tinted finish.