Osmo Wood Wax Finish Transparent
Choose your productPlease use the drop down menus to view all the colour & size options available
Osmo Wood Wax Finish Transparent (please see our other Wood Wax listing for the Intensive version) combines all the advantages of oils and waxes in one unique product. It is resistant to water and dirt, wipe proof and stain resistant. As with most Osmo products it is easy to apply with no sanding required between coats and the final dry finish is safe for humans, plants and animals.
The transparent range of wood Wax is designed to allow the wood's natural grain and character to remain visible, if you wish the grain to be hidden please see the intensive version. For high wear areas such as floors a second coat of Polyx® oil Original is required. Otherwise for furniture and joinery a second coat can be applied for a more intensive colour tone.
Key Features of Osmo Wood Wax Finish Transparent:
- Suitable for all interior uses
- The wood grain remains visible (see Wood Wax Finish Intensive if you wish them to be hidden)
- Durable and hardwearing
- Water & dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spills such as water, juice, tea, wine and even cola
- Saliva resistant and sweatproof - suitable for children's toys
- Microporous and breathable finish which does not crack, flake or peel
- No sanding back required for repairs or future applications.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is suitable for protecting and decorating interior wood including wall panelling, mouldings, beams and doors. It is also suitable for edge glued panels, chipboard and MDF. It is also ideal as a coloured base coat for wooden flooring.
How Long can it be kept:
An unopened tin can last up to 5 years and longer if the can is kept dry, closed and away from direct sources of heat. If thickened by frost store at room temperature for 24-36 hours before use.
Wood surfaces must be clean, dry and frost free with a maximum moisture content of 18%. Any old non porous paints and lacquers must be completely removed before application. Generally surfaces should not be sanded any finer than a 150 grit as this will effect absorption. All orders will be sent out with a detailed product information sheet.
Area of Use:
1 litre of Osmo Wood Wax covers approximately 24m² with one coat. Please note this is only a guide as coverage depends significantly on the character and finish of the wood. Figures quoted are for smooth and planed timbers.
5ml sachet, 125ml tester pot, 750ml and 2.5 litres
- 3101 Clear
- 3102 Lightly Steamed Beech
- 3103 Light Oak
- 3111 White
- 3118 Granite Grey
- 3119 Silk Grey
- 3136 Birch
- 3137 Cherry
- 3138 Mahogany
- 3143 Cognac
- 3164 Oak
- 3166 Walnut
- 3168 Oak Antique
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Surfaces that have been treated with Osmo Wood Wax Finish Transparent should be cleaned when required with Osmo Spray Cleaner (8026) or for larger areas damp mopped with Osmo Wash and Care (8016). These products are suitablke for regular maintenance, dust, dirt, scuffs and light marks. Aggressive floor cleaning products, washing up liquid and steam cleaners should not be used to clean surfaces treated with Osmo Wood Wax Finish or any other Osmo treated surface as they will strip off the coating and significantly shorten its life.
For more stubborn marks or when the surface is starting to look tired and lacklustre an application of Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner is recommended, please see the product details for more information on application and use.
Please Take Note:
- Applying the product too generously or without sufficient ventilation will delay drying.
- The final look is always influenced by the wood's characteristics so a trial application should always be carried out first.
- Always choose colour tones that match or are darker than the natural tone of the wood.
- Oils enhance the natural tone of timber and give a similar appearance to wood when wet.
- For dark and oil rich exotic timbers such as Mahogany, Ipe, Balau etc we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Extra Thin (see separate listing), a trial application is essential.
- For interiors and drawers apply one thin coat with a cloth.
- When overcoating white coated flooring use the lightly white pigmented Osmo Polyx Oil 3040 rather than the clear version.
Thinners - White Spirit
Area of Use - Interior only.
Suitable for Worktops & Tables - Extra thin is ideal for exotic woods
Suitable for Doors - Yes
Suitable for Furniture - Yes
Finish - Satin
Can I use washing up liquid to clean surfaces treated with Osmo Polyx Oil, Top Oil or Wood Wax?
No, washing up liquid will strip off and damage Osmo Polyx oil and Osmo Top Oil - We recommend using Osmo Wash and Care, The Osmo Spray cleaner or Osmo Interior Spray Cleaner which not only clean but also help to maintain the finish.