Osmo Wood Wax Finish Intensive combines all the advantages of oils and waxes in a single product, please see other listing for the transparent version. It is resistant to water and dirt, wipe proof and stain resistant. As with most Osmo products it is easy to apply with no sanding required between coats and the final dry finish is safe for humans, plants and animals.
The intensive range are designed to allow the wood's natural grain and character to remain visible after the first coat but to turn in to a solid colour after the second coat (see product images), please see our other listing for the Transparent versions. For high wear areas such as floors only one coat is recommended followed by a second coat of Polyx® to protect the surface from wear. Otherwise for furniture and joinery a second coat can be applied for an opaque finish hiding the natural appearance and grain of the wood.
- Suitable for all interior use
- The wood grain remains visible after the first coat but the wood grain can be hidden with the second coat.
- Durable and hardwearing
- Water & dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spills such as water, juice, tea, wine and even cola
- Saliva resistant and sweatproof - suitable for children's toys
- Microporous and breathable finish which does not crack, flake or peel
- No sanding back required for repairs or future applications.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is suitable for protecting and decorating interior wood including wall panelling, mouldings, beams and doors. It is also suitable for edge glued panels, chipboard and MDF. It is also ideal as a coloured base coat for wooden flooring.
Up to 5 years and longer if the can is kept dry, closed and away from direct sources of heat. If thickened by frost store at room temperature for 24-36 hours before use.
Wood surfaces must be clean, dry and frost free with a maximum moisture content of 18%. Any old non porous paints and lacquers must be completely removed before application. Generally surfaces should not be sanded any finer than a 150 grit as this will effect absorption. All orders will be sent out with a detailed product information sheet.
1 litre covers approximately 24m² with one coat. Please note this is only a guide as coverage depends significantly on the character and finish of the wood. Figures quoted are for smooth and planed timbers.
- 3104 Red - Approximately RAL 3000
- 3105 Yellow - Approximately RAL 1021
- 3125 Blue - Approximately RAL 5010
- 3131 Green - Approximately RAL 6029
- 3132 Grey Beige
- 3169 Black
- 3172 Silk
- 3181 Pebble
- 3186 White, Matt
- 3188 Snow
- Applying the product too generously or without sufficient ventilation will delay drying.
- The final look is always influenced by the wood's characteristics so a trial application should always be carried out first.
- Always choose colour tones that match or are darker than the natural tone of the wood.
- Oils enhance the natural tone of timber and give a similar appearance to wood when wet.
- For dark and oil rich exotic timbers such as Mahogany, Ipe, Balau etc we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Extra Thin (see separate listing), a trial application is essential.
- For interiors and drawers apply one thin coat with a cloth.
- The minimum application temperature is 5°C.
How to order Bespoke Colours:
Osmo Wood Wax Intensive is also available mixed to any of the 213 RAL Classic, 1950 NCS colours or any old Osmo colour shade, the minimum sized tin is 2.5 litres. A RAL colour chart is available for purchase which can as long as it is in good condition be returned within 30 days for a full refund. Please note that Bespoke mixed colours can not be returned so please ensure you are happy with the colour before purchase. Please add the colour code for the colour chosen in to the delivery instructions when completing your order. Please phone or email us for orders of 11 or more tins.