Osmo Wood Protector 4006
Product available with different options
Choose your productPlease use the drop down menus to view all the colour & size options available
Osmo 4006 Wood Protector is an unique preservative wood wax primer. It is based on natural oils and waxes and produced entirely without biocides and therefore absolutely safe for indoor use. It is extremely water-repellent.
This unique product offers - without employing biocides - the ability to protect indoor (and also outdoor) wood when there is a danger of blue stain and mildew i.e. pine and spruce floors and panelling in rooms and areas with high humidity and high temperatures which particularly further the growth of these wood pests.
Osmo Wood Protector is thin bodied and can therefore also be applied by dipping.
If possible it should be applied on all sides of the wood and requires a finishing coat within 7-10 days.
Key Product Features:
- Clear, for interior and exterior use
- Especially recommended for rooms prone to dampness such as bathrooms and kitchens as well as outdoor sandpits and play equipment
- Extremely water-repellent, contains no organic biocides
Number of coats: 1 coat is sufficient, a top coat from the Osmo product range must follow within 1 week of application
125ml, 750ml and 2.50 litre tins
1 litre covers approx. 6 - 8.4 m² with 1 coat. This is for smooth/planed timber, other surfaces might lead to reduced coverage.
Approximately 24 hours when brushed and 36 hours when dipped (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/50% rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
- Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet look effect) so a test area should always be done. Osmo Wood Protector is not a self-priming finish so within one week, a top coat (with an oil-based Osmo wood finish) should be applied.
- Osmo Wood Protector 4006 might cause slight darkening to the wood so we recommend coating an entire area not just the area subject to moisture.
- Because the Wood Protector causes slight darkening it is generally not recommended for use with Osmo 3068 Natural so extra attention should be taken when testing this combination.
Area of Use - Interior only.
Suitable for Worktops & Tables - Yes
Suitable for Doors - Yes
Suitable for Doors, Windows & Joinery - Yes
Suitable for Floors - Yes
Suitable for Furniture - Yes