Osmo Door Oil 3060 is a special oil and wax combination, used as a clear treatment on wooden doors and general interior joinery. Osmo Door Oil is made with a base of natural plant oils and waxes. This leaves the surface protected against common household substances such as wine, beer, fizzy drinks, coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk and water in accordance with DIN 68861-1A (German industrial specification).
This eco-friendly finishing treatment from Osmo is designed to protect and preserve all* internal wooden doors and joinery.
Key benefits include:
- It is easy to use and gives a professional finish to internal doors.
- High quality and durable finish that is microporous
- Natural oil/wax based
- Water repellent and indelible
- Does not crack, flake or blister
- High coverage of approximately 24 m2 per litre per coat, two coats are required on new applications
- Long shelf life of 5 years or more if can kept tightly closed and away from direct heat and sunshine
Technical Information for Osmo Door Oil:
- Finish: Clear Satin
- Specific Gravity: 0.90-1.3 g/cm³
- Viscosity: >70s
- Odour: Faint
- Flash Point: >61°C
- Cleaning Tools: Osmo Brush Cleaner or White Spirit
- Coverage: 1 litre covers approximately 24m² with one coat
- Storage: Up to 5 years if can is kept dry and closed tightly away from sources of heat and sunlight
- Minimum application temperature
Recommended Uses: Osmo Door Oil is ideal protecting solid internal and some selected veneered interior doors (always check with the door manufacturer before application). Please note that the final appearance is dependent on the wood its being applied to so a small test area should always be done first to ensure the final appearance is as required.
Tin sizes:125ml Tester pots and 1 Litre
The door must be clean, dry and frost free, Osmo Door Oil is ready to use, do not thin and shake well before use. Any old paints, varnishes or lacquers must be completely removed before application, old microporous surfaces must be cleaned and a test carried out before application.The surface should be carefully sanded beginning with a coarse sandpaper but the final sanding should be no finer than P120-150. Before application all sanding dust should be removed and if possible the first coat should be applied to all sides before installation. As mentioned previously the final appearance will be influenced by several factors and therefore a trial application is always recommended.
Method of Application:Apply sparingly using an Osmo brush or brush designed for oil application alternatively apply with a lint free cloth. Apply evenly to clean and dry (below 18% moisture content) along the grain and spread well. Allow to dry (approximately 8 - 10 hours at room temperature), the drying time will be extended by poor ventilation or lower temperatures. Apply second coat equally thinly and allow to dry.
*Not recommended for exotic wood species such as mahogany, Rosewood, Wenge etc. If in doubt please contact us first.
Every order is sent out with a detailed product information sheet for Osmo Door Oil but please contact us should you require any further information. If there is any doubt over application we always recommend doing a test area first.