Protectakote WB (Water-Based)
Choose your productPlease use the drop down menus to view all the colour & size options available
Please also see the sister product to Protectakote WB, Safekote WB which is a similar formulation but uses uniform silica spheres to create a low profile anti-slip finish.
Protectakote WB can be used both internally and externally but as with all water based products care must be taken with regard to the application temperature and protecting the coating from any rain or water for at least 24 hours after application. Typical applications for Protectakote WB are:
- Industrial and commercial flooring
- Acrylic shower trays
- Wheelchair ramps
- Emergency Exits and fire escapes
- Anti slip areas around machinery
- Bridges, steps and walkways
- Boat decks
- Vehicle lining to protect load beds, tail lifts, pick up beds, trailers, flooring
- Children's play equipment
Smooth or textured anti-slip
White (RAL 9016)
- Water based - low odour, non flammable and weather resistant
- Single Component - Use straight from the tin with a long pot life
- Fast drying
- Non abrasive anti-slip version available
- Flexible but won't chip, flake or peel
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals and solvents
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Excellent adhesive properties to most surfaces including metal, cement, wood, fibre glass and PVC
- Can be overcoated
- Does not taint water or food once fully cured.
4m² per coat per litre so for the recommended two coat application it is 2m² per litre. Three coats are recommended for high wear areas. Please note that these figures are only an approximate guide and the coverage will depend on the porosity and finish of the substrate.
The minimum air and substrate temperature when applying water based paints is 10°C and the finished surface must be protected from water or rain for a minimum of 24 hours after it has been applied. Protectakote will be suitable for light foot traffic after 12 hours but will take 5/7 days to reach full strength.