Protectakote WB (Water-Based)
Choose your productPlease use the drop down menus to view all the colour & size options available
Not sure how much you need? Try out our Coverage Calculatorarrow_drop_down arrow_drop_up
These figures are only intended as an approximate guide as the porosity and finish of the substrate can significantly affect the coverage.
Protectakote WB (Water-Based) is a water based version of the market leading Protectakote, available in both a textured anti-slip version and a smooth version. Protectakote WB is a water based aliphatic Polyurethane that is UV stable so suitable for both internal and external applications. The anti-slip version of Protectakote WB uses irregualr rubber crumb to give a textured, non abrasive anti-slip finish and is ideal for walkways, acrylic shower trays, vehicle linings, steps and ramps or anywhere else that requires a tough flexible anti-slip finish. The water based formulation is weather resistant, low odour and non flammable, in addition it has excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals and solvent. This single pack product is ready to use, easy to apply and fast drying.
Please also see the sister product to Protectakote WB, Safekote WB which is a similar formulation but uses uniform silica spheres to create a low profile anti-slip finish.
Protectakote WB can be used both internally and externally but as with all water based products care must be taken with regard to the application temperature and protecting the coating from any rain or water for at least 24 hours after application. Typical applications for Protectakote WB are:
- Industrial and commercial flooring
- Acrylic shower trays
- Wheelchair ramps
- Emergency Exits and fire escapes
- Anti slip areas around machinery
- Bridges, steps and walkways
- Boat decks
- Vehicle lining to protect load beds, tail lifts, pick up beds, trailers, flooring
- Children's play equipment
Smooth or textured anti-slip
White (RAL 9016)
- Water based - low odour, non flammable and weather resistant
- Single Component - Use straight from the tin with a long pot life
- Fast drying
- Non abrasive anti-slip version available
- Flexible but won't chip, flake or peel
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals and solvents
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Excellent adhesive properties to most surfaces including metal, cement, wood, fibre glass and PVC
- Can be overcoated
- Does not taint water or food once fully cured.
4m² per coat per litre so for the recommended two coat application it is 2m² per litre. Three coats are recommended for high wear areas. Please note that these figures are only an approximate guide and the coverage will depend on the porosity and finish of the substrate.
The minimum air and substrate temperature when applying water based paints is 10°C and the finished surface must be protected from water or rain for a minimum of 24 hours after it has been applied. Protectakote will be suitable for light foot traffic after 12 hours but will take 5/7 days to reach full strength.