Osmo Top Oil 3058 Clear Matt
Choose your productPlease use the drop down menus to view all the colour & size options available
Osmo 3058 Clear Matt Top Oil, also known as Osmo Worktop Oil is part of a range of Clear or tinted wax/oil combinations for treating furniture and kitchen worktops made of wood. Osmo TopOil is based on natural plant oils and waxes. They are designed for wood where the microporous surface does not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – with no water marks. When dry Osmo Top Oils are safe for humans, animals and plants and is suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European standard) and is saliva-resistant and sweat-proof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm).
Osmo Top Oil 3058 is clear with a matt finish, as with most oils they will enhance the wood by bringing out the grain and darkening the timber to some extent. As when applying any oil or wax the finish and appearance is significantly affected by the timber its applied to so always do a small inconspicuous test area first to ensure you are happy with the finish and appearance.
Key Product Advantages:
- Food safe as per EN 1186.
- Safe (once dry) for use on childre's toys as per EN 71.3.
- Extremely water, chemical and dirt resistant.
- Durable and hardwearing.
- Resistant to common kitchen spills.
- Simple to clean and maintain when necessary
- Microporous finish which does not crack, flake or peel.
Suitable Areas of Applications:
Osmo Top Oil is ideal for protecting interior furniture surfaces and work surfaces made of solid wood or edge-glued panels (e.g. kitchen worktops, desks, shelving etc.). Also suitable for cork and OSB. It is not recommended for exotic woods such as Teak, Iroko or Cedar, instead we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin. Please note that although surfaces will be suitable for use 24 hours after application the surface will continue to get tougher for 2-3 weeks after application. For areas prone to dampness such as sink areas we recommend using Osmo Wood Protector 4006 as a base coat, as the base coat might have an affect on the appearnace of the wood it should be applied across the entire area and not in patches.
The wooden surface must be clean, dry (max moisture content 18%) and above 5°C. Old microporous surfaces must be cleaned thoroughly, old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. Do not sand surfaces any finer than P150 as this will effect the absorption of the oil, all sanding dust must be removed before application, we reccomend always wearing an appropiate mask when sanding. Because the final appearance can vary significantly depending on the age, condition and type of wood we recommend always doing a test patch first, all the TopOils are available in 5ml sachets as well as 500ml tins.
Osmo TopOil is ready to use, do not thin but stir well before use. Apply the first coat along the grain using an Osmo flat brush (or equivalent), Osmo applicator fleece or lint free cloth such as the Osmo Easy Pads. Allow to dry for a minimum of 8-10 hours with good ventilation before applying the second coat.When applying a maintenance coat a single coat is usually sufficient, applied with a lint free cloth or applicator fleece.
Care and Maintenance:
Wood surfaces treated with Osmo Top Oil are easy to maintain, most spills can simply be wiped up with a damp cloth. For regular cleaning we recommend using Osmo spray cleaner (8026) or add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) cloth.
Use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner to remove tough stains, this also helps to clean and regenerate the surface at the same time.
Osmo Top Oil Finishes - Range Available:
- 3028 - Clear Satin
- 3037 - White, Satin
- 3038 - Terra, Satin
- 3039 - Graphite, Satin
- 3058 - Clear Matt
- 3061 - Acacia Matt
- 3068 - Natural Matt
Osmo Top Oils Sizes:
- 5ml Test Sachets
- 125ml Test or repair pots
- 500ml Tins
Nb. Osmo Top Oil is also available in Osmo Worktop Application & Maintenance Kits.
Maintenance of Osmo Top Oil Treated Surfaces:
- For regular cleaning use Osmo Interior Spray Cleaner 8026 or OsmoUK Anti-Bac Wood Cleaner 8036
- For stubborn or more difficult to remove stains and marks use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner which not only cleans but regenerates the surface finish.
- For renovation simply apply another thin coat of Osmo Top Oil.
- Do not use aggressive cleaners or washing up liquid to clean surfaces treated with Osmo Top Oil as they will remove the coating. Also do not use steam cleaners to clean Osmo finishes as they will soften and cause premature wear.
- Osmo Top Oil is not suitable for extractive rich hardwoods such as teak, mahogany, cedar or iroko. We recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin, as always a test patch should be done first.
- When Osmo Top Oil is being applied in areas prone to moisture such as around sinks Osmo Wood Protector 4006 is recommended. Because it might effect the appearance slightly we recommend that the entire area should be treated not just around the area prone to moisture. As stated previously a test should always be carried out first, because the Wood Protector might cause some darkening to the wood, it is generally not compatible with 3068 Natural.
Please see the product information sheet for further information.